You can enjoy the breathtaking mountain scenery of the Zillertal valley and the Pinzgau region on mountain bike, e-bike or on a standard bicycle. With a 325 kilometre-long network of paths and trails covering all levels of difficulty, you can enjoy yourself to the full on two-wheels. The fun-packed forest cycle trails ensure there’s never a dull moment. But if you prefer the easy-going, flat paths down in the valley, then there are lots of cycle trips to interesting attractions for you to enjoy. The Tauern cycle path, for example, runs alongside the River Salzach all the way to Passau. If you’re looking for something more challenging, then you need look no further than the Hohe Tauern national park which rewards your hard pedalling work with its breathtaking natural beauty.
The Zillertal Arena biking region has lots to offer:
- 325 kilometres of mountain biking trails from the Tyrolean Zillertal valley to Salzburg’s Pinzgau region
- 3 blue (easy), 9 red (medium), 5 black (difficult) mountain bike routes and 2 yellow single-trail routes (very difficult)
- Free transport of bikes with the Zillertal Arena lifts up to an altitude of 1,800 m
- Bike & E-bike Rentals in the Zillertal Arena
- The “Zell-Gerlos Bike Ticket” is valid for one cable-car ascent in Zell and one ascent in Gerlos or vice versa.
- Zillertal Arena App – the Arena guide complete with all mountain biking and hiking routes and alpine huts and taverns